Friday, September 30, 2011

A Faithful God

This season of transitioning into ministry here at the Highlands has been an exciting and adventurous time. God has begun a great work that is going to continue to ignite and spread like a wild fire! Lives are being changed, prayers are being answered, and miracles are happening. It's funny though, because there are still times where I find myself trying to do things on my own. Even though God is all around and doing mighty works and bringing together things I could never have done, I still find myself attempting tasks on my own. Does this ever happen to you? I would think I would have learned better than this by now right!?

Well recently, on two separate occasions, there have been tasks that I could use some help on. I was short on man power. I took just a minute during the normal tasks I have each day to pause and ask God for reinforcements, for help to finish the tasks before me. Not but one week went by before I had 3 people willing and available to help further the work God set before me. It might not sound like a huge deal, but it's little moments like these, in the small parts of each of our days, that if we take the time to pause and simply ask God for help, he will provide us the necessary means to accomplish His work.

I encourage you today, take a moment and just ask God to help you with whatever troubles you have today. Watch and see what He will do!